Emergency Program Coordinator (F/M/D) 100%, based in Chisinau, Moldova – Moldova
Helvetas is an organization specializing in development cooperation and humanitarian response, rooted in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives with dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable way.
Helvetas has been responding to the Ukrainian crisis since March 2022. In Moldova, where it has been implementing an economic development program since 2018, it has set up a largely monetary assistance program for refugees and host communities. The office will serve in the future as an operational hub to support operations inside Ukraine that are implemented through local partner organizations.
To lead the development of the response program inside Moldova, we are looking as soon as possible (ideally mid-August/1 September 2022) for an experienced and agile humanitarian professional as Emergency Program Coordinator (F/M /D) 100%, based in Chisinau, Moldova.
As a member of the management team of the Helvetas Emergency Center in Moldova, the Emergency Program Coordinator (EPC) contributes to the management and development of the emergency response program. Reporting to the Emergency Response Representative, the EPC has specific responsibility for managing and reporting on the implementation of the emergency program in line with donor proposals and ensuring high quality programming through technical support and effective monitoring and evaluation. If necessary, he/she represents Helvetas with the relevant external stakeholders.
The position will be based in Chisinau, with travel within Moldova and possibly occasional travel to western Ukraine in the future.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Ensure effective program portfolio management throughout the programming cycle, including assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with grants and contractual commitments, including timely reporting and donor engagement, as required.
- Ensure procurement plans are in place for each project in line with donor budgets and budget narratives.
- Support the achievement of high standards with respect to M&E systems and support managers in systems development, data collection (including use of digital devices), analysis and interpretation of qualitative data and quantitative and review of M&E results to improve program quality and demonstrate impact.
- Develop guidelines and approaches for internal program processes and train staff to ensure implementation in accordance with humanitarian principles and donor compliance.
- Design potential responses in line with inter-agency plans and Helvetas response strategy.
- Lead program development by developing concept notes and project proposals.
- Contribute to the identification of new funding opportunities.
Staff management and development
- Lead and manage the program team and foster a participatory work culture and sense of belonging
- Identify and meet the technical and programmatic training needs of program staff and provide technical guidance in program implementation as needed
- Monitoring compliance of the program team with Helvetas rules and regulations, including security protocols, anti-corruption and code of conduct.
- In coordination with the Emergency Response Representative, participate in all relevant cluster meetings and other program related coordination groups.
- Contribute to the organization of visits from donors, media or other stakeholders.
- Act as an emergency response representative during his absence.
- Act as focal point for gender and/or environmental protection and/or mainstreaming.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Emergency Response Representative.
- At least 5 years of work experience in humanitarian programs at the international level, of which min. 2 years in management positions.
- Programming experience in the areas of resilience/livelihoods programming and cash transfers.
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple donor budgets simultaneously, including analysis, forecasting, tracking and amendments.
- Applied PCM knowledge incl. in designing programs and developing successful proposals.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian system and associated procedures for inter-agency coordination.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex environment, ability to coach and support staff and cultivate team spirit.
- Strong representational, interpersonal and negotiation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Empathy with the vision, mission and values of Helvetas.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills with demonstrable experience in producing quality proposals and reports in English
An international contract for a period of 8 months, with the possibility of extension. Attractive working conditions and integration into a dynamic environment.
How to register
We look forward to receiving your complete application including cover letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by July 3, 2022. Please submit your electronic application via our online recruitment portal.
For more information, please contact Christian Gemperli ([email protected]) or visit our website www.helvetas.org.